New Place to Turn for Help with Student Loans

Help for Borrowers with Private and Federal Loans: CFPB Student Loan Complaint System Up and Running

This month, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) launched its new student loan complaint system, which means borrowers with private student loans finally have a place to turn for help! If you have questions or complaints about a lender, servicer, or debt collector - for a private or federal student loan - you can go online or call the toll-free hotline (855-411-CFPB).

Click here to submit a complaint online or call (855) 411-CFPB

Read more about the CFPB's complaint system


Income-Based Repayment and Pay As You Earn are two ways to help keep monthly payments affordable based on your income and family size. Visit the Department of Education’s Repayment Estimator to find out what your payments might be.

register and stay informed

How to switch to the Direct Loan program

If your federal loans are in the Guaranteed (FFEL) program — where your lender is a private entity like Sallie Mae or Citibank — you can consolidate into the Direct Loan program to qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Even if you have already consolidated your loans in the FFEL program, you may re-consolidate into the Direct Loan program to take advantage of this program.

follow us on twitter - join us on facebook follow us on twitter join us on facebook
tell your friends about IBRinfo
Creative Commons License  
site by aeronet